- Conduct research in the fields of epidemiology, psychology and psychiatry, with a focus on children, adolescents, young adults and vulnerable people, including the 2sLGBTQ+ community, victims of abuse and neglect, men and people with debilitating mental health problems.
- Develop, evaluate and disseminate interventions at all levels of suicide prevention.
- Train the next generation of researchers by providing advanced supervision for graduate students and research trainees.
- Develop and disseminate knowledge mobilization tools to raise awareness of mental health and suicide prevention among the general population.
- Collaborate with clinicians and people with lived experience in both research and knowledge dissemination.
- Inform and develop training courses for psychology students and psychologists on the assessment and management of people considering suicide, based on the best scientific knowledge.